COMP2004 Programming Practice
2002 Summer School
Week 3 Friday Tutorial Exercises
Do the gdb tutorial.
Learning a good text editor would be useful too...
- There's a short vi tutorial here.
- There's another short vi tutorial here.
- There's some more vi stuff here, here, and here.
- You will probably prefer vim to vi. vim is "Vi iMproved" and is installed in ~kev/bin/vim. Docs can be found here.
- There's an emacs tutorial here, and here.
- Some people like nedit which is installed in ~gsaunder/bin/nedit or ~kev/bin/nedit and documentation can be found here
Enter the shell script from today's lecture for compiling code. Use it to
compile either your List class code from Monday and Wednesday's tutorials
or your Assignment 2 code.
Enter the Makefile from today's lecture. Use it to compile either your
List class code from Monday and Wednesday's tutorials or your Assignment 2
code. Consider using both the GNU make extensions and makedepend to allow
your Makefile to be as useful as possible.